A team of dedicated professionals. A successful structured company!
- Video Games
Founded in Paris in 1998 by a team of passionate gamers, Around the Word has earned the trust of biggest names in the video game industry!
We are proud to be associated with such prestigious titles as: GTA, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Deus Ex, Guild Wars, Tomb Raider, Tintin, Guitar Hero, L.A. Noire, Hitman, Splinter Cell, BioShock, Mafia, Civilization, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne, Spider-Man, Duke Nukem, Rift: Planes of Telara, Dark Age of Camelot, Aion, Spec Ops and The Secret World.
(For contractual reasons, we cannot provide a full list of titles or publishers.)
In addition to French and German, Around the Word provides multilingual localization for a number of languages via our network of partners in target-language countries that we have selected due to their expertise and high quality standards.
Around the Word in 2012/2013:
Over 12 million English words translated into French.
Over 5 million English words translated into German.
Several million English words translated into other European languages.
Over 500,000 recorded files.
Our experience and innovation. Your projects and success!
Our Project Managers analyze your project assets, anticipate the issues that might arise, (technical, cultural, etc.) and propose solutions adapted to the specifics. Project Managers are assigned based on the genre, volume, languages, and schedule of the project. As your unique point of contact, they can keep you informed of the evolution of your project at any moment, whatever the language.
Your video game projects will be handled by committed gamers every step of the way. We understand that video games require some of the most specialized resources of any production, and we have a huge wealth of in-house, and external, video game experience.
Whether for text or voice production, we pride ourselves on finding innovative solutions that provide the flexibility translators, reviewers, actors and directors need to concentrate on the creative aspects of production.
- Project-based, multilingual, LIVE online glossary (accessible to the developer and/or publisher)
- Frequent and nearly instantaneous updating of texts/scripts (including during recording sessions)
- Voice Director script analysis and casting tools
- Recording verification tool to ensure that a character’s lines have all been recorded
- Audio glossary to ensure consistency in pronunciation
- Assistance in creating the final script (« as recorded »)
- Dialogs recorded in the order of narrative with one or more actors in recording booth
- Digital Bande rythmo - the legendary process used in French cinema synchronized dubbing, converted to the digital for video games and a variety of languages
- Highly recognized quality control procedures for both translations and recordings.
- The same translators, proofreaders and voice directors are selected for all games within the same series